Criteria for Admission
La Salle Prep looks for students who:
- Are good citizens in their school, faith and community.
- Are leaders behind the scenes, or in front of a group; students who inspire others by their strength of character and willingness to serve.
- Have no D or F grades on their final transcript with a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
- Demonstrate grade level or above competency on the High School Placement Test.
- Exhibit excellent behavioral and attendance records.
- Receive favorable recommendations from Principal, math and English Teachers.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to attend La Salle Prep.
La Salle Prep is committed to seeking motivated students with strong character who desire a Catholic, Lasallian education. Approximately 375 students apply each year for the 175 openings in the freshman class. Our student body is rich in cultural, religious, and economic diversity drawing from over 75 different middle schools in the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area.
We are committed to maintaining access for students who seek a faith-based, college preparatory education. La Salle’s philosophy is that excellent education should be available to all students who desire it; not limited exclusively to those who are academically gifted or financially able. We welcome all motivated students, especially the underserved.