Minimum OSAA Eligibility Requirements
La Salle is a member of the Oregon Schools Activities Association, and falls under the rules that the OSAA has established for the eligibility of athletes. In order to participate, students must:
- Not be 19 years of age before August 15 of the current year.
- Have passed five (5) out of seven (7) classes the previous semester
- Be currently enrolled and passing 5 subjects (for each six-week grading period)
- Be a full time student enrolled at La Salle
- Be making satisfactory progress towards graduation. Student-athletes must meet or exceed the following number of credits before the start of the specified year:
- Sophomore year = four (4) credits
- Junior year = nine and a half (9.5) credits
- Senior year = sixteen (16) credits
If a student does not meet these requirements at the beginning of the school year, they will be ineligible for one year and must meet the requirement for the next school year to regain eligibility.
La Salle Academic Eligibility
- Progress Reports- At the end of each six-week grading period, students who fail to meet OSAA eligibility requirements or the requirements of an Academic Improvement Contract will become ineligible for co-curricular activities for the following six weeks.
- Semester Grades- If the student's GPA falls below a 1.8, or the student has a failing grade in two or more classes at the end of any semester, the student is ineligible to participate in co-curricular for the entire next semester.
- Summer Courses- Students may complete courses over the summer to meet the academic eligibility requirements for the fall. Academic eligibility in the fall is typically based upon spring semester grades. The credits earned over the summer must be accepted by La Salle as transfer credit. After combining the grades for the credits earned over the summer with the spring semester grades, the student must have passed five courses and have a combined (spring and summer) GPA above a 1.8.
Requirements for Athletic Eligibility
All participants must clear eligibility prior to tryouts! This includes physical, medical release form, athletic handbook form, alternative transportation form, and grade check. Athletes must complete the online athletic eligibility process by clicking here. The deadline for completing online athletic registration for all four documents is Thursday, August 13 at Noon.
- Physical examinations are required of all incoming freshmen and are valid for two years by OSAA rules. A paper version of the physical examination form is available online under Athletic Forms and downloadable when completing online registration for team sports.
- Emergency Medical Contact Form: Must be completed online every school year.
- Parent/Student-Athlete Handbook Contract: Must be completed by parent and student online every school year.
- Alternative Transportation Form: Must be completed online every school year.