Thinking about getting your new iPad? See the specifications here before you buy:
- Students will need an iPad latest gen (7th generation or higher), iPad Air (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen), iPad Pro (9.7 in, 10.5 in, 11 in, 12.9 in) with iPadOS 13 or higher installed. Older models do not support necessary software features.
- Minimum storage should be at least 64 GB to ensure adequate storage. In this case, more is better so 64 GB is the minimum.
- Wi-Fi only - there is no need to purchase a cellular plan for your iPad. La Salle provides free wi-fi.
- We strongly recommend purchasing a protective case, stylus and keyboard as students will use iPads in class and at home. Accessories including earphones, earbuds, or Airpods are also useful at school. Accessories may be purchased with the iPad or from a separate online or in-store retailer but please ensure that you note your iPad model so you will purchase the appropriate case and keyboard.
Updated: August 2022
All La Salle students are required to bring an iPad to school. All freshman and transfer students will participate in La Salle's iPad training during new student orientation. Students will review basic iPad orientation, set up their school email, connect their device to the wireless network, and review La Salle's digital use policies.
Our long-standing commitment to quality education in the Lasallian tradition continues. The 1:1 learning environment provides modern tools and resources to develop life-long learners equipped with the critical thinking and collaboration skills so crucial in today's world.
Frequently Asked Questions about iPads
- Why iPads?
- Who will pay for the iPad?
- What if we already own an iPad?
- I have more than one child attending La Salle, can they share an iPad?
- How much memory capacity should I purchase?
- What apps are required on the iPad?
- Will cellular iPads be allowed?
- Will the iPad be restricted from students installing their own apps?
- Will my student be able to bring a comparable tablet, laptop or e-reader?
Who will pay for the iPad?
What if we already own an iPad?
I have more than one child attending La Salle, can they share an iPad?
How much memory capacity should I purchase?
What apps are required on the iPad?
Will cellular iPads be allowed?
Will the iPad be restricted from students installing their own apps?
Will my student be able to bring a comparable tablet, laptop or e-reader?
One of the core Lasallian principles calls us to ask 'what do the students need?'
Technology has fundamentally changed our response to this essential question. Students today must be able to critically understand and thoughtfully apply the immense amount of information that is readily available to them in today's connected world. As a result, powerful teaching and learning must change its focus from providing information to students to helping them process information efficiently and effectively.
La Salle Prep embraces innovation in the classroom with a mobile learning program and a focus on digital citizenship, professional development, and Lasallian values.
Andrew Kuffner, President