La Salle Prep earned 4th place in the state at the 2019 OnPoint Credit Union OSAA Speech & Debate Championships. The recognition was earned by all team competitors who advanced to the second day of competition in their respective fields. These students include:
- Danny Nguyen, THIRD PLACE IN STATE, in After-dinner Speaking.
- Mary Gach, FIFTH PLACE IN STATE, in Poetry.
- Grace Elkhal, SEMI-FINALIST in Informative Speaking.
- Sawyer Paugh, OCTOFINALIST (Final 16) in Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
- Olivia Cooley, Dramatic Interpretation: (2nd place in a preliminary round)
- Mary Grace Mott, Program Oral Interpretation: (3rd place in a preliminary round)
- Amira Tripp-Folsom, Original Oratory: (1st Place in a preliminary round)
- Madisen Haugen & Madi Jefferis, Public Forum Debate: (2 wins, 2 losses and 213 "Speaker Points")