Students can get help building a college wishlist, starting a Common App, and writing an application essay, during the 1-week Camp College at La Salle in June.
College counselor Andrea Flores and La Salle counselor Renee Giesemann will lead the workshop June 25-June 29.
During the workshop, students will:
- Learn key concepts such as fit and match, holistic admission review and committee-based evaluation systems
- Write a personal resume, a first-draft essay that can be adapted for many application writing prompts, and sample responses to the most common short questions
- Create a student account and begin a Common Application and/or Coalition Application
- Prepare and practice for admission interviews
- Visit a public research university and a moderately selective private university