The freshmen and transfer students won't be the only newcomers to La Salle this school year. We're also welcoming six new faculty members.
The teachers -- who include two La Salle graduates -- bring a wealth of teaching and coaching experience to the school.
We snapped this photo of them when they came in for training over the summer. They are, from left to right:
- Mallory Spanjer, Social Studies Teacher. She just completed a MAT program from George Fox University and additionally has a Master’s degree in Modern World History from the University of York, England.
- Ryan Kain ’11, Science Teacher. After completing the Pacific Alliance for Catholic Education program at the University of Portland, he spent the past year teaching at Valley Catholic.
- Noah Banks ’12, Religious Studies Teacher. He recently completed Notre Dame’s Masters in Theology ECHO program for teachers of Religious Studies.
- Caitlin Hudson, Health Teacher. A recent graduate of Yale University and Lewis and Clark College, she has taught at Springwater Environmental School and also led yoga classes.
- Hannah Grossi, German Teacher. She comes to us from Mountain View High School in Vancouver where she has taught German and served as an ELL coach.
- Mary-Catherine Sewell, Math Teacher. She taught many of our students during her nine years at St. John the Apostle School.