La Salle parents and guardians learned about their students' teachers and classes during Back-to-School Night on Wednesday.
A few dozen came early for a crash course in PowerSchool and Schoology; more than 400 came later for prayer and the chance to visit their students' classes.
Each session lasted seven minutes, just long enough for the teachers to introduce themselves, explain their philosophies, and answer a few questions. As adults hustled from room to room, '70s and '80s music (including U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name") blared in the hallways.
"I was impressed by how capable the teachers are, how much they care for our kids, and how they're challenging our kids to think critically," said Brian Felder, father of Grace Felder '19 and Mattea Felder '21. "There was a lot of good energy in the teachers and the faculty."
Plus, he added, "I liked the '80s music."
Back-to-School Night Playlist:
- "Billie Jean" - Michael Jackson
- "Say You, Say Me"- Lionel Richie
- "Raspberry Beret" - Prince
- "Where the Streets Have No Name" - U2
- "Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins
- "Rhythm is Gonna Get You" - Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
- "I'm So Excited" - The Pointer Sisters
- "Just What I Needed" - The Cars