The work of La Salle students who won Gold Key awards in the 2019 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards program will be on display through February 22 at the Pacific Northwest College of Art at 511 NW Broadway in downtown Portland.
The exhibit spotlights Gold Key-winning artwork by 7th- to 12th-graders in Clackamas, Washington, and Multnomah counties. All Gold work advances to national competition.
Art teacher Cha Asokan said her students' effort and enthusiasm contributed to their success.
“Hard work, passion for art, dedication, and the overall caring of the students really shined through their work,” she said.
La Salle’s Gold Key recipients include:
- Emma Sheets ‘19 (AP Studio Art) American Visions Nominee (Best In Show) 1 Gold Key, 1 Silver Key 1 honorable mention Drawing, Painting, and Printmaking
- Victoria Azar ’21 (Art Foundations); 1 Gold key Drawing
- Ryan Fahlman-Katler ’19 (AP Studio Art) 2 Gold Keys and an Honorable Mention Drawing, Photography and Printmaking
- J Gamble Gold ’22 (Art Foundations) 1 Gold Key, 1 honorable mention Digital Art and Drawing
- Brigid Hanley ’19 (AP Studio) 1 Gold Key, 1 Silver Key 1 honorable mention Drawing
- Annie Hoang ’20 (Pre AP Studio) 1 Gold Key, 1 honorable mention Drawing
- Talia Jeffrey ’19 (AP Studio Art) 2 Gold Keys, 2 Silver Keys, 2 honorable mentions Drawing and Printmaking
- James Kelly ’20 (Advanced 2D Art) 1 Gold Key Drawing
- Ana Martinez ’19 (, AP Studio Art) 1 Gold Key, 1 Silver Key and 3 honorable mentions Drawing, Printmaking and Photography
- Celina Massaad ’21 (Advanced 2D Art) 1 Gold Key Photography
- Alyna Nguyen ’21 (Pre AP Studio Art) 1 Gold Key, 1 Silver key. 2 Honorable mentions Drawing and Ceramics
- Amanda Rivera ’22 (Art Foundations) 1 Gold Key Drawing
- Stella Sablan ’20 (Pre AP Studio Art) 1 Gold Key, 2 Silver Keys Drawing, Painting, and Printmaking
- Carolina Stahly-Dronkowski ’19 (AP Studio Art) 1 Gold Key