New Students: Information and Links
Welcome to La Salle
Congratulations on taking the next exciting step into your future! We are thrilled to welcome you to our community as you begin your Lasallian adventure. We are eager to get to know you better and to welcome to you our classrooms, teams, clubs, ensembles, and more.
This web page will provide you with resources, information, and links for the next chapter in your journey. We hope you continue to learn more about our academics, athletics, arts, student life and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
Forecasting for 2021-22
- The Class of 2025 forecasting process will take place in April. La Salle hosted a webinar to explain the process and walk students through each step of forecasting. The webinar recording is posted below and families are welcome to view the webinar for help with choosing classes for next year.
- Transfer student forecasting will take place at the end of April. New transfer students will work directly with our VP of Academics to complete forecasting instead of watching the Forecasting Webinar.
- Incoming freshmen are welcome to complete the forecasting process during the webinar if they are ready to make their choices. Students are welcome to use the Forecasting Worksheet to assist with forecasting but they do not need to send that sheet to La Salle.
- Students will log in to PowerSchool to complete the forecasting process. If you are not ready to complete forecasting during the webinar, our counselors will be available for help and support on Wednesday and Thursday. Students are welcome to contact and work with any counselor.
- Counselors will be available for drop in meetings on Wednesday, April 14, and Thursday, April 15, from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- The PowerSchool portal will close on Friday, April 16 at 3 p.m.
Forecasting Webinar: Class of 2025
Math and Reading Placement Tests
All incoming students are required to take the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) placement tests in math and reading. Our educators will use data from the MAP tests as well as your teacher recommendations in order to place you in the best classes next fall.
La Salle is administering the MAP tests on Saturday, May 8, at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. and again on Saturday, May 15, at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Register here.
World Language Placement Exam
iPads: Get Connected (training) and Device Specifications
Get Connected: Register here
Thinking about getting your new iPad? See the specifications here before you buy:
- Students will need an iPad latest gen (5th, 6th, 7th, 8th), iPad Air (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen), iPad Pro (9.7 in, 10.5 in, 11 in, 12.9 in) with iPadOS 13 or higher installed. Older models do not support necessary software features.
- Minimum storage should be at least 64 GB to ensure adequate storage. In this case, more is better so 64 GB is the minimum.
- Wi-Fi only - there is no need to purchase a cellular plan for your ipad. La Salle provides free wi-fi.
- We strongly recommend purchasing a protective case and keyboard as students will use ipads in class and at home. Accessories including earphones, earbuds, or Airpods are also useful at school. Accessories may be purchased with the iPad or from a separate online or in-store retailer but please ensure that you note your iPad model so you will purchase the appropriate case and keyboard.