"Covid Athletics Information"
The Athletic Department is offering training opportunities for students in many sports through mid-February. We are currently unable to train indoors due to the high risk status for Clackamas County, so all workouts are conducted outside. We will begin indoor workouts when it is deemed safe and our county's risk status decreases. We will continue training until the start of OSAA's season two which begins in February. Here is the revised OSAA schedule.
Fall Sports (Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Volleyball)
- Practice begins 2/22 (Football on 2/8)
- Competitions start 3/1
- Season concludes 4/11
Spring Sports (Baseball, Golf, Softball, Tennis, Track & Field)
- Practice begins 4/5 (Pitchers & Catchers on 3/22)
- Competitions start 4/12
- Season concludes 5/23
Winter Sports (Basketball & Swimming)
- Practice begins 5/10
- Competitions start 5/17
- Season concludes 6/27
Summary of Outdoor and Indoor Training Guidance for School
- Prohibition on all K-12 School Sports indoors, including conditioning, training and competition.
- Outdoor training, conditioning and competition is still allowed for non-contact and minimal/medium contact sports for schools utilizing On-Site, Hybrid, or Comprehensive Distance Learning.
- Outdoor training and conditioning is still allowed for full-contact sports for schools utilizing On-Site, Hybrid, or Comprehensive Distance Learning provided they don’t include full contact of any kind.
- Mask/face coverings must be worn when actively participating in an outdoor sport.
- Closure of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, licensed spa pools and indoor sport courts.
- Limit the maximum capacity for each outdoor K-12 school sporting event to 50 people. Maintain physical distancing of at least six (6) feet per person.
- Individuals are encouraged to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to Oregon if they have traveled out of state for recreational purposes or as part of an athletic traveling team.
The athletic department will continue to update our student athletes and families as quickly as possible when changes occur. Please direct concerns or questions to email@example.com. We appreciate your patience as we navigate through this new territory.