Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Return-to-Campus news
Students offered option to study at school during second semester
La Salle Blueprint, Risk Assessment, Infection Control Plan
Wellness and mental health resources
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- A Parent ResourceTalking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Student Guide: Explanations and News Update
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Taking Care of your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Crisis Counseling via the Disaster Distress Helpline
- Saint Luke Institute "Managing Coronavirus Anxiety" video
- Emily R. Cash, Psy.D., offers strategies for managing the psychological impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Saint Luke Institute has classes on topics such as anxiety.
- Hallow App A Catholic meditation app, with content about COVID-19. Free 3-month trial.
Oregon public universities will no longer require SAT, ACT
Oregon’s seven public universities as well as Oregon Health & Science University will not require freshman applicants to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of their admission application, starting with fall term 2021. "Going forward, undergraduate students applying to any of Oregon’s public universities will have the option — rather than the requirement — of submitting standardized test scores with their application for admission," according to an announcement posted by Oregon State University. Read more
Media resources (ebooks, audiobooks, streaming movies)
- General inquiries: Rhonda Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anastasia Mickelson at email@example.com
- Academics: Alanna O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics and Co-Curriculars/Faith, Service, and Community: Chris George '97 at email@example.com and Brian Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions and Class of 2024: Katie Allen at email@example.com
- Families experiencing economic hardship and needing tuition assistance: Marty Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org
More news about La Salle during the pandemic
COVID-19 tuition relief
Free food is available to families living in the North Clackamas School District Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am -2 pm the Wichita Center, 6031 SE King Road, Milwaukie.
Oregon Food Bank
Find food pantries and assistance sites throughout the metro area by typing in your ZIP code here. You also can seek information by sending an email, or by calling (503) 505-7061 (phone hours are 9 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday).
Parishes distribute food
The USDA is partnering with Pacific Coast Fruit to provide food via parishes of the Archdiocese of Portland.