Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Resources
La Salle preps to start 2020-21 school year online
Wellness and mental health resources
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- A Parent ResourceTalking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Student Guide: Explanations and News Update
- Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Taking Care of your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Crisis Counseling via the Disaster Distress Helpline
- Saint Luke Institute "Managing Coronavirus Anxiety" video
- Emily R. Cash, Psy.D., offers strategies for managing the psychological impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Saint Luke Institute has classes on topics such as anxiety.
- Hallow App A Catholic meditation app, with content about COVID-19. Free 3-month trial.
Oregon public universities will no longer require SAT, ACT
Oregon’s seven public universities as well as Oregon Health & Science University will not require freshman applicants to submit SAT or ACT scores as part of their admission application, starting with fall term 2021. "Going forward, undergraduate students applying to any of Oregon’s public universities will have the option — rather than the requirement — of submitting standardized test scores with their application for admission," according to an announcement posted by Oregon State University. Read more
Faith and worship
- Archbishop Sample's Facebook page
- Archbishop leading the Stations of the Cross at the Cathedral
- A letter to the faithful in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese
Media resources (ebooks, audiobooks, streaming movies)
- General inquiries: Rhonda Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or Anastasia Mickelson at email@example.com
- Academics: Alanna O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mario De Ieso at email@example.com
- Athletics and Co-Curriculars/Faith, Service, and Community: Chris George at firstname.lastname@example.org and Brian Devine at email@example.com
- Admissions and Class of 2024: Katie Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families experiencing economic hardship and needing tuition assistance: Marty Avery at email@example.com
COVID-19 tuition relief
Free food is available to families living in the North Clackamas School District Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am -2 pm the Wichita Center, 6031 SE King Road, Milwaukie.
Oregon Food Bank
Find food pantries and assistance sites throughout the metro area by typing in your ZIP code here. You also can seek information by sending an email, or by calling (503) 505-7061 (phone hours are 9 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday).
Happy Valley parish to distribute food
Our Lady of Lavang parish in Happy Valley will distribute food to anyone who needs it from 2-5 pm to Wednesdays and Fridays through Aug. 28.
The giveaway is part of a USDA partnership with Pacific Coast Fruit to provide food via parishes of the Archdiocese of Portland.