Ski team seeks new members
Do you love to ski? Do you want to learn or improve your ski-racing ability? Do you want to have fun and make friends from schools across the Portland area?
La Salle’s Ski Team is gearing up for the 2021/2022 season and we are looking to add skiers to the team.
High school racing in Oregon is fun and instructional. Almost half of the racers in participating high schools have never raced before. It is a great way to be part of a team and show school pride.
- The La Salle Ski Team will practice with the teams from Central Catholic and Wilson High School.
- Our coaches will teach you what you need to know to excel in both Giant Slalom and Slalom ski racing.
- The team practices on Saturdays in November and December (weather permitting), then Friday nights at Mount Hood Ski Bowl in January and February.
- Races are on weekends beginning in January, and run through February (see tentative schedule below).
- The races rotate between Ski Bowl, Meadows, and Timberline (see below).
- Optional supplemental training is available on Sundays for an additional charge.
- Transportation for training, races, and supplemental Sunday training is each family's responsibility – carpooling is available and will be coordinated.
- We are part of the Three Rivers League and compete against schools such as Lake Oswego, Lakeridge, West Linn, and others.
- Although no racing experience is required, athletes should be competent skiers and be able to manage themselves on the mountain, on ski lifts, and with their gear.
- Each family is required to provide volunteer parent support for at least one race during the season. Indoor and on-hill jobs are available.
Ski Team is a pay-to-play sport. Fees cover coaching, league costs, transportation and lift tickets. Contact parent rep, Anne Kean for more detailed information on cost.
For more information contact Anne Kean at email@example.com