News you can use.
- Attention Seniors: If you didn't pick up your announcements from Jostsens, you can pick them up in Ms. Bartel's office in the Main Office.
- Even though the fundraiser has ended, we will continue to sell the Starbucks Frappes every day during break outside the Student Life Center until they are gone. $3 each.
- Midnight in Paris, La Salle's Junior/Senior Prom will take place from 8 – 11 pm on Saturday, May 13th at The Foundry in Lake Oswego. Tickets are $25 each or $45 per pair. Guest passes and sophomore passes are due May 10th. Professional photography will be available for purchase. Information is available on Schoology and also at lsprep.org.
- Do you have a hidden talent? Audition for the St. La Salle Day Talent show. Forms available from the Student Life Center. They are due May 15th.
- Do you want to have your voice heard? Run for an Executive Council position for the 2017-2018 schoolyear. Positions include Executive President and Vice President, 10th/11th/12th grade Officers, and Officers of Faith, Service and Community. See Schoology or stop by the Student Life Center.
- College visits this week: Tomorrow, University of New Mexico & Western Oregon Undergraduate Exchange Scholarship Presentation at 1:25 pm
- Friday, the 28th The Evergreen State College at 9:15 am
- Get your permission slip in advance.
- Attention current 10th and 11th graders: Are you interested in welcoming incoming 9th graders to our campus? Apply to be a Link Crew Leader for next Fall. Applications are available on Schoology and also from the Student Life Center. They are due April 28th.
- The school musical "Into the Woods" opened last week. Come support your classmates in this inspiring musical this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:00 pm. Reserve your tickets on the front page of our website, lsprep.org.
- Want to see the Musical for free? Sign up to be an usher. The sign-up sheet is posted on the Theatre door.
- Interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Milwaukie High School Dance Team? Tryouts will start May 1. Pick up an audition application in the Main Office.
Congratulations to La Salle's Speech and Debate Team who competed in the OSAA Les Schab/US Bank State Competition. They earned the 5th place trophy for 5A "Sweepstakes" overall team performance out of 15 schools. Katie Quines and Grace Elkhal each participated in three events. John Kreitzberg received a 4-year Award for participating in the State Tournament four consecutive years. The following students participated:
- Katie Quines - Radio Commentary (Katie advanced to Final Round and placed Third)
- Winnie Gregory & Katie Quines; Grace Elkhal & Alexis Han - Parliamentary Debate
- Alexis Han & Eric Nguyen - Dual Interpretation
- Grace Elkhal - Expository Speaking
- Joseph Kreitzberg - Extemporaneous Speaking
- Grace Elkhal - Imromptu Speaking
- Katie Quines & Joseph Kreitzberg - Original Oratory (Persuasive Speaking)
Happy Birthday today to Brittany Carter, Kateri Dir-Munoz, Ryan Enslow and Darby Simpson.
Tomorrow will be a Red Tuesday Schedule. School begins at 8 am.