Tryouts for fall's cheerleading squad will be held 6-7:30 pm next Tuesday and Friday, June 20 and 23, in the La Salle cafeteria.
Tryouts for fall's cheerleading squad will be held 6-7:30 pm next Tuesday and Friday, June 20 and 23, in the La Salle cafeteria. These dates and times reflect a recent schedule change.
About the tryouts:
- No cheerleading experience is necessary
- Students should come dressed in athletic apparel and shoes.
- Tryouts will consist of learning a short chant, a short dance, and filling out an application.
- Attending both days is ideal not required.
- Those who cannot make either day but are interested in trying out at another time should contact coach Becki Kurtz
Kurtz, who is La Salle's new cheerleading coach, cheered at Parkrose High School and Portland State University. She has coached cheerleaders at Jesuit, Marshall, Grant, and Parkrose high schools, and used to be an assistant coach at LaSalle. She is a member of the Oregon Cheerleading Coaches Association's executive board, and was a finalist for Coach of the Year in 2015.
See a routine by one of her former squads.