Health & Safety
La Salle Prep 2022-23 COVID-19 Update
It has been nearly five months since the mask mandate was lifted for schools in Oregon. Fortunately, thanks in large part to the precautions our community took, we have been successful in keeping our school open and our community safe. During this time, there have been no updates from the Oregon Department of Education or Clackamas County around school requirements.
Our procedures and protocols for the 2022-23 school year are outlined below and will be followed, notwithstanding any further changes in county or state guidelines or requirements.
- Wellness checks will not be required to enter the school this year.
- We ask that students exhibiting COVID symptoms self-test before coming to school.
- Mask wearing is optional and our community respects that this is a personal decision.
- Any student or employee of La Salle who tests positive for COVID-19 will be asked to self isolate for a period of five days from the initial positive before they return to campus.
- La Salle will work with students recovering from COVID to provide academic support.
- La Salle will not perform contact tracing unless it is required by the Clackamas County Health Authority.
Testing Protocol for Symptomatic Students
If a student is feeling ill during the school day or a teacher reports to school administration that a student is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, the following protocol will be followed:
- The student will report directly to the high school office.
- A parent or guardian will be contacted to request permission to administer a COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (if parents do not grant permission, the student must return home and produce a negative test before returning to school).
- If the student tests negative, they may return to class.
- If the student tests positive, the student may drive home or a parent will be asked to pick them up immediately.
If you have any inquiries or require clarification around the school’s COVID policy, please direct your questions to Aaron Hollingshead (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Vice Principal for Student Life