February 10 - February 24
Donate to the Better Together annual student fundraiser today! Gifts directly support tuition assistance and vibrant student programming that benefits 100% of students at La Salle.
Better Together is a student-led fundraising campaign founded with the mission of St. John Baptist de La Salle and the community of La Salle in mind. More than just a fundraising campaign, it is an opportunity for our students to raise money in service to one another while celebrating our vibrant community and learning the importance of philanthropy and how it benefits many of their peers.
Funds from the Better Together campaign go directly to support tuition assistance and student programs, benefiting every single student in our school.
- 62% of current La Salle students receive tuition assistance through financial aid, allowing many students and families to be part of our Lasallian community.
- 100% of students benefit from our vibrant programming such as assemblies, retreats, clubs, service immersions and St. La Salle Day festivities -- experiences that make our school special and enrich the lives of students in powerful and lasting ways.
Goals for our Better Together Student Fundraiser:
- Raise $120,000 to support tuition assistance and student-focused programming by February 24.
- Each student raises their required $150 annual fundraising commitment.
- Students experience the joy that comes from funding their own educational experiences -- and their friends' and classmates, too -- while contributing toward a common goal.
- Everyone experiences fun activities throughout the two weeks that build community here in the hallways; our student leadership team has some amazing activities planned.
Better Together FAQs
- + What methods of communication will students use to deliver their message to friends and family members?
- + What size of donation should students request from their friends and family members?
- + What if we have multiple children at La Salle?
- + How are donations to be submitted to the school? How will donations be tracked?
- + Does the money raised during the wreath sale fundraiser this fall count toward the $150 student fundraiser requirement?
- + Can we opt out of the Better Together campaign by paying the requirement in full?
+ What methods of communication will students use to deliver their message to friends and family members?
+ What size of donation should students request from their friends and family members?
+ What if we have multiple children at La Salle?
+ How are donations to be submitted to the school? How will donations be tracked?
+ Does the money raised during the wreath sale fundraiser this fall count toward the $150 student fundraiser requirement?
+ Can we opt out of the Better Together campaign by paying the requirement in full?
Fundraising: How does it work?
Each student is responsible for raising $150, as noted on each family's registration contract. Students primarily raise funds during Better Together by collecting gifts through their network of friends and family, using their individual page on our Better Together giving website and shared fundraising activities at school.
Better Together works in tandem with the Wreath Sale, held this past October. 50% of a student's wreath sales count toward their $150 Better Together goal; the giving website currently lists your child's Wreath Sale credit, if they sold wreaths.
Throughout the two-week campaign, students also participate in fun activities to celebrate our community; brainstorm creative ways to raise money together with teachers and fellow students, such as bake sales or games; and compete in trivia and challenges to earn participation points, prizes and class rewards. Prizes and points will be awarded based on the amount of funds each student, class and home room raises, as well as their participation in Better Together activities. Ask your student about the prizes and incentives available.
When students reach the $120,000 goal - they (and their teachers!) will be rewarded with an extra, unscheduled day off of school in the spring: a Better Together Skip Day!
THANK YOU for supporting our students in this important campaign and entrusting your child(ren) to our care. We believe that each student, each individual, is a vital piece of the beautiful fabric of our vibrant community.
We truly are BETTER TOGETHER!